The seemingly humble O-Ring is an exceptionally versatile sealing device. Applications ranging from garden hose couplings to critical aerospace or oil and gas duties make it the world’s most popular volume produced seal.
We have been making top-quality O-Rings since this sealing method was introduced in the 1930s. Today we stock many thousands of types and sizes in our most popular materials – including RGD-resistant grades – ready for same day despatch.
If the rings you want are not available off-the-shelf, we can precision manufacture them within hours, if necessary. With our ‘lean’ manufacturing plant and flexible production schedules, we can meet industry’s most urgent requests.
Hydraulic and Pneumatic Seals
Hydraulic and Pneumatic Seals are a class of seals that are used in applications with either rotary or reciprocating motions.
Pneumatic Seals are exposed to air with a minimum amount of lubrication. They are often used in pneumatic cylinders and valves and usually are not under high pressure, but exposed to high operating speeds.
Hydraulic Seals are exposed to hydraulic fluids such as hydrocarbon and phosphate ester and are designed for high-pressure dynamic application.They are usually need to be higher friction seals than pneumatic seals but often under lower operating speeds.
We offer a wide range of standard and custom sized seal for Pneumatic / Hydraulic cylinders. These include :
- Buffer Seals
- Dust / Wiper Seals
- Rod Seals
- Piston Seals
- Wear / Guide / Slide Rings or Tapes
- Vee Packing Seals
- Valve Seals
Vee-packing is design for sealing rods, pistons and plungers in hydraulic cylinders and hydraulic presses. It is extremely suitable for medium to heavy duty applications. Vee-packing can accept low & high pressure, vigorous conditions & also if any misalignment between sealing gaps.
The seal is a combination of a Base seal, center V-Ring & pressure ring. The center ring is the main seal being flexible enough to retain high & low pressure, whereas the base seal support the center ring from getting extruded against high pressures. The pressure ring helps in retaining the center ring profile& distributing pressure equally.
Our Vee-packings are made of reinforced cotton fabric and Nitrile elastomer, in standard version, to give good resilience, sealing efficiency and extrusion resistance. Sizes are available in Metrics and Inches with a combination of 1+5+1, a total of 7 pieces per set.
The PTFE Seal
The PTFE Seal consist of a PTFE sealing element and a rubber O-ring functions as elastic energizer. The required sealing effect is achieved by radial pressure, produced by the preloaded element and system pressure.
Outstanding features of PTFE Seal are:
- wear resistance can be improved by proprietary fillers
- very good in sealing most of chemicals
- high extrusion resistance
- good thermal conductivity (ranging from -450 deg F to +600 deg F)
- easy fitting
- low break-out and low friction hydraulic cylinder
- low friction and no stick-slip pneumatic cyclinder
- Cyclinders in corrosive environment
- Low friction cyclinders in high-temperature application
- Cylinders for machine tool and construction equipment
- Cylinders for press/ extrusion/injection molding equipment
- Cylinders for precise control application
The flexiseal system
The flexiseal system is an advanced all-purpose sealing concept. It consists of all highly abrasive and chemical resistant PTFE-based POLON component and an energizing profiles spring. This design ensures a static sealing pressure of controlled size around the entire inside and outside circumference of the seal even without system pressure.
- Extremely high chemical and thermal resistance.
- Unlimited storing time.
- Can be sterilized in autoclave or with any possible agent – though not with radioactive radiation.
- Easy to clean in assembled as well as in disassembled state.
- As Flexiseal only contains a POLON component and a steel spring the contacting media will not receive any contamination from the seal.
- No stick-slip effect and ultralow friction.
- Very high sealing efficiency after a very short running-in period.
The V-Ring seal
The V-Ring seal is designed with a long flexible lip, the seal acts like an axial slinger. It can retain heavy lubricants and is highly effective in excluding contaminants. The V-Ring can be used as the primary seal or as a secondary back-up seal. The rubber V-ring can be stretched over flanges, couplings and sometimes over complete bearing housings without any unit disassembly.
Because of the design of V-rings, it can perform well in dry applications. The capability of handling a greater amount of eccentricity and misalignment than most lip seals have shown the advantage of using a V-ring.
Nitrile rubber is the standard grade. It has excellent resistance to wear and withstands the majority of media to which a seal is exposed. Temperature range -40°C to +100°C.
Fluorocarbon rubber (VITON®) is used where the operating temperatures are more than +100°C, and in conjunction with certain aggressive chemicals. Temperature range -23°C to +150°C in dynamic applications, -45°C to +230°C in static applications.